In 2009, a few idealistic young people had a dream. It began as a late night conversation after the opening night of a production of Kismet. The idea, to create a new performing arts company in the western suburbs of Melbourne that would provide musical and theatre opportunities to the local community, as well as a supportive platform for emerging arts performers and projects. All of this would be tied together by the mission to develop social cohesion and inclusion.
Each year would see three projects, a cabaret or revue style performance offering performance opportunities for anyone who wished to be involved, a fully staged show of high quality with the traditional audition process and finally a performing arts project that develops new artistic works and explores new concepts in performing arts. The company would also offer mentoring programs to develop the skills of new directors, musical directors, stage managers and technical staff. All while helping to grow the cultural profile of the western suburbs of Melbourne.
We exist to provide opportunities in the Arts, either in performance or viewing. To foster it’s development in our local community by; networking and making a variety of projects in order to be a sustainable organisation.
We exist to;
- Produce entertaining shows for audiences
- Be a financially sustained organisation
- Develop partnerships
- Foster relationships with community providers
- Create performance opportunity and artistic growth for the wider community of Western Shires/Councils; Moonee Valley, Moreland, Hume, Brimbank and Maribyrnong
- Theatre in a variety of mediums; Musicals, Plays, Dance and Visual Arts.
- Shows that are engaging, relevant and appeal to the broader community in which we perform.
- Subscriptions to performances for a stipulated time frame.
- Opportunities for the expansion of artistic skills through; Three artistic opportunities a year.
- Social cohesion, community and artistic collaboration.
- Partnership with local businesses and community groups.
- Our people\The Arts
- Learning opportunities
- Honesty and Integrity